Friday, March 27, 2015

Welcome!

HI! 
 You may have ventured over from Mama to 2 Little Monkeys or found me by searching for Whole30 ideas, regardless of how you found me...Welcome!

A little about me - I am 36 years old and have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life.  With both of my pregnancies, I gained a lot of weight (67 and 55lbs respectively) I have had a hard time getting the weight off - and it's been 7 years. OY!  I have done weight watchers in the past and have done well but end up gaining the weight back.  I joined after my son was born in 2008 and had lost 31lbs and ended up gaining 20 of it back over the next few years.  I am presently approximately 35lbs over what my goal weight should be.  I am determined to make 2015 my year to make some changes and get to a healthy weight.

I've been hearing a lot about the Whole30 program by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig.  A couple of my friends have done it and have seen some great results.  The program is 30 days without dairy, sugar, grains, legumes, alcohol. "The Whole30 program has led tens of thousands of people to weight loss, enhanced quality of life, and a healthier relationship with food—accompanied by stunning improvements in sleep, energy levels, mood, and self-esteem. More significant, many people have reported the “magical” elimination of a variety of symptoms, diseases, and conditions in just 30 days". I told hubby about it and the results I've been hearing, so we decided to give it a go.  


One rule of the program is that your are not allowed to weigh yourself or take body measurements the entire time you are on the program.  This is going to be so hard for me as I weigh myself multiple times a day. It's becoming a problem. 

If you're thinking of giving this program a try, I would highly recommend the book "It Starts With Food" written by the creators of the Whole30 program. This book outlines a clear, balanced, sustainable plan to change the way you eat forever—and transform your life in profound and unexpected ways. 

We are excited to give this program a try - we know it's not going to be easy - but we are determined to give it our all. 

 I haven't been so good at updating my main blog, but I hope I can dedicate some time daily to update on our progress. So, follow me on this crazy adventure to get healthy. Here or on Instagram at: holliegettinghealthy

Have you done a Whole30? What are your experiences? I'd love to hear about them in the comment section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment