Sunday, March 29, 2015

WHOLE30 PREP!

SO, the Whole30 is definitely happening.  We have decided to start tomorrow and to start a Whole30 one needs to plan and prepare.  Over the last few days I have been 'pinning' recipes on Pinterest, reading Paleo cookbooks for inspiration and picking the brains of my friends who have completed the Whole30 in the past. 

Today I went to Costco and spent a fortune, which isn't unusual.  But instead of purchasing things we don't really need - I stuck the food sections and only purchased items that would be Whole30 'compliant' If you're new to the program, you'll hear that term A LOT Everything you eat must be Whole30 compliant!  I bought a variety of meats, fish, tons of vegetables and fruit.

From there, I came home and started to prepare.  Chopping veggies so they are easily accessible.  I made enough lunches for T and I to take with us to work for the week.  These consisted of baked chicken and roasted vegetables. It took me about 2 hours to plan and prep for the week, but I know in the long run it'll be worth it.  

One thing that I have heard about the program is that the amount of dishes you will have is overwhelming.  And from just cooking this afternoon....I may have to agree.  My sink was overflowing from cutting boards, pans, bowls, etc.  

We are very excited to start the program tomorrow. 
Any prep ideas that you would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment