Monday, March 30, 2015

WHOLE 30 Day1

Hello Whole30 Day 1, we are ready for you!

The day started off with my last visit to my scale for 30 days.  I took before photos, which I don't feel comfortable sharing just yet, and took my body measurements.  I tucked my scale away where it will remain until the morning of April 29th.  My starting weight is 178.5lbs - I feel OK sharing that with you all, as hard as it has been, I have started believing that I am more than just the number on that scale.  It does not define me.  

Breakfast this morning was pretty yummy. Egg scramble with spinach and peppers with a few strawberries.  I love eggs but I will admit I do love dipping them in some ketchup - so having them without was a little difficult for me.  I have to figure out some creative ways to spice them up a bit.  Even with the veggies added, it still was a bit bland.


Our lunch, as mentioned below consisted of baked chicken (1 drumstick and a small thigh) with some spices and some roasted vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, brussel sprouts and asparagus) I roasted the vegetables with some salt, pepper and garlic salt.  It was delicious.  I joked to my husband by text that afternoon that I didn't "want my lunch to end." I am glad that I made enough of this to take to work through the week.  

Dinner was baked salmon with lemon and spices, baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and some asparagus.  Our kids aren't very happy that we are doing this program - they are following along with us to an extent.  Our daughter is being tested for lactose intolerance and celiac disease so it was suggested that we cut out dairy and gluten for a few weeks, so this program came at a perfect time.  We are trying to encourage healthy eating habits for our children, not relying on ketchup for every meat that I make.  Lo was not very happy that she couldn't dip her sweet potatoes in ketchup tonight....some drama ensued "this program is ruining our life"  No, honey...this program is changing our life for the better.  She'll understand some day.  

Off to bed....excited for day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment