Tuesday, March 31, 2015

WHOLE 30 Day2

Happy Day 2 everyone!

Woke up this morning feeling pretty good.  I had a very hard time not getting onto my scale first thing this morning...'must stay off' I should probably get my husband to hide it so I don't know where it is LOL

Today's breakfast was a fried egg over sweet potato hash.  I made this by frying up sweet potatoes with some bell peppers and onions, some cherry tomatoes and a few strawberries.    I left the egg a bit runny so when I cut into it, the yolk dripped into the sweet potato - it was yummy! Normally for breakfast, I would eat a bowl of cereal or a bagel as mornings are pretty rushed and I thought those options are the quickest.  Getting myself and the kids up and ready for school/work is chaotic at times, so I need to make sure I set my alarm a tiny bit early to ensure enough time for me to make these healthy breakfast options.  

Lunch today was the same as yesterday, so I won't share a picture - although it was just as good as yesterday =D

Got a little creative with dinner tonight.  Paleo Meatballs with compliant spaghetti sauce over zucchini noodles.  I really enjoyed it - the kids both hated the zucchini noodles, but that didn't surprise me.  The meatballs went over very well - I will attach the recipe below.

Shortly after dinner I started to get a slight headache...my evening was spent walking door to door with my daughter's Girl Guide group selling cookies.  By the time I was home, I was almost in tears. My headache was the worst I have ever experienced. Verging on migraine, I think - was so nauseated.  I put the kids to bed and crawled in under the covers.  Apparently a headache on days 2 and 3 is very common.  Possibly sugar or caffeine withdrawals? I'm hoping that I don't ever experience anything like this again.  Just awful! 
So, I'm off to sleep in hopes this headache will go away pronto!  

As promised, here is the recipe!

Italian Paleo Meatballs
Taken from Tastes of Lizzy T 

  • 2 lbs of ground beef
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp dried parsley
  • 3/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp minced onions
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground meat, eggs, seasonings and coconut flour until well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. Form meatballs about 1 1/2" - 2" in diameter.  
4. Bake on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 
5. Pour the spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan and set it to medium heat.  Add the meatballs.  Heat the sauce through and allow the meatballs to simmer in the sauce for 20 minutes.  
6.  You can also place the sauce and meatballs in a slow cooker set to low and them to simmer for 6-8 hours. 
7.  If you don't need all the meatballs at once, you can allow them to cool and freeze them in a ziploc bag. 


No comments:

Post a Comment